SE QLD Dog of the Year Rules
South East Queensland’s Agility and Jumping Dog of the Year
The Captain Jack Perpetual Trophy (donated by Bob & Denise Mills) will be awarded to the Agility dog of the year and the Miss Cher Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to the Jumping dog of the year.
The presentation of trophies will be at the Purple Fundraising Trial.
The criteria for dog of the year are as follows:
- Qualifications may be gained between 1 November to 31 October (12 month period).
- Novice, Excellent and Masters qualifications will be eligible for consideration. Only qualifications that were used to gain the novice and excellent titles are eligible, that is the first 3 novice qualifications gained and the first 5 excellent qualifications gained.
- Competitors are to nominate up to 15 agility and 15 jumping qualifying passes.
- Qualifying runs will have the following restrictions
- Passes must be gained at Zone 1 trials only (south to the Gold Coast, north to Gympie and west to Toowoomba.
- Qualifications from restricted breed trials are not eligible.
- In trials where heights are run separately, points will be awarded for overall placings.
- Placings will be in accordance with ANKC agility rules.
- Qualifying runs will be assigned a points value as follows:
- 1st place qualification 10 points
- 2nd place qualification 9 points
- 3rd place qualification 8 points
- non-placed qualification 5 points
- In the event of a tie, the dog with the most first places will be the winner. In the event scores are still tied, the dog with the most points in the higher class will be the winner.
- Competitors must be financial members of the Canine Control Council (Qld).
- Applications for consideration for the agility and jumping dog of the year must be made on the linked application (this document is currently being updated) form in writing by 14 November each year to:
Ms K Deguet
19 Gretna Street
Mansfield QLD 4122
Contact DetailsBrian Platts
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org